TFSI will always be culturally and socially involved in our community. Over the years, we have delivered and achieved outstanding performances, organised special occasions, raised money for good cause and constantly connected with the highly recognised organisations. Through this, we made history that lifted Society’s name and reputation in a wider community. We would like to thank our city New Plymouth, the NPDC and TMEC for giving us privilege to be part of this diverse and ever changing community. Also thank you to the Federation and its members for the exceptional support during Pistang Pilipino 2014. Together we all made the difference.
Over the year of my term as a leader of TFSI, I am honored to thank everyone for being part of this active group. Some changes were made within our organisation. Our newsletter was the major one. Colin Rowe took over Harold’s job, and a total changes were made in our publication. Even our website have gone through major changes and upgrades. I would like to thank Ver Pangonilo for his great contribution and help in creating our website. Multi-Ethnic were held and we have purchased some essential items that can be used in the next yearly event. Pistang Pilipino Sa Wellington 2016 is being planned for our participation in Philippine Festival Competition. We hope everything will be ok according to our plan. Below are the lists of activities or event that we did over the year:
- August 22
- Induction Party – Oathtaking of New Set of Officers for 2015-2016
- October 3
- Sausage Sizzle Fundraising for Pistang Pilipino in Tauranga
- October 10
- Garage Sale – Fund raised for Pistang Pilipino 2015 in Tauranga
- October 24-25
- Pistang Pilipino 2015 in Tauranga – Eunice Ingrid Santos Gonzalez, our beautiful candidate won 1st Runner Up and Miss Congeniality during The Search for Miss Philippines-NZ 2015. Under 19 Basketball Team joined the tournament. Four members including our committee member participated in billiard competition.
- November 21
- Bingo Night was full of fun for everyone.
- December 12
- Christmas Carolling – at New Plymouth area and resthome.
- December 19
- TFSI Christmas Party – big numbers of members and visitors turned up
- January 23
- TFSI Picnic and Patricia’s Birthday at Ngamotu Beach
- February 6
- Waitangi Day Celebration at Rowe Residence
- March 12
- TMEC Multi-Ethnic Extravaganza, went really well.
- March 28
- Easter Sausage Sizzle at the Warehouse NP
- April 23
- Father Freddie Barte’s 25th Sacerdotal Anniversary
- May 28
- Masquerade Ball, everyone had a great night
Overall, financial year 2015 – 2016 was just another busy year for TFSI. Everyone’s involvement and support made a very rewarding success and pride that we can be proud of. Thank you all and God bless everyone!